View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 09:21 AM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

Default I gave it a shot

Ok so it looks like I really messed things up this time. I read your post and decided to try importing the P99 files into my database first since the P99 files already have everything setup to look classic. The problem is P99 doesn't use BaseData.txt or SkillCaps.txt, so I imported the only two files I had available from the P99 client side, which were spells_us.txt and dbstr_us.txt. Then I logged into my server and I was unable to cast spells, sit, target NPC's or open the spell book. I'm guessing this has to do with the fact that I imported without bringing the BaseData.txt and SkillCaps.txt (since I was unable to find them in the P99 client/resources folder). Obviously I did something majorly wrong, so I loaded my server backup files and rebooted the server. Same issue. So I figured the database must be permanently messed up, so I loaded a backup of the database, and that restored most of my spells, but I still cannot sit, cast spells, target NPC's, etc. I can, however, open the spellbook now, although I cannot unscribe a spell or scribe a spell, even with the GM command #unscribespell.

So I then tried to use my backups and go the other way, where I export my database files and overwrite the old P99 files, but P99 doesn't have BaseData.txt or SkillCaps.txt anywhere in their entire client folder (not even the resources folder) so I just put the BaseData.txt and SkillCaps.txt into the P99 client/resources folder and tried that, but that also gave me the same results.

What's frustrating is that even my backups are not opening properly now, so I think I completely broke my server and will have to start over. Is this an irreversible thing? I have a backup copy of my entire server from how it worked last night before I went to bed and I also have a backup of my P99 client files, so I'm not sure why that doesn't just start me back to where I was. I'm pretty confused and need some guidance if you can offer any more insight. Thank you