View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 06:34 PM
trevius
Developer

The other devs won't help you chase Live clients because it means matching up hundreds of opcodes every month or so. It is a long process before a client is finalized and by that time, it would be patched again and we would have to start over. It would be a non-stop job trying to keep up with Live by doing that and none of the devs have that kind of time. It is a much better use of our time to update to clients that will be available to everyone and not frequently patched (such as the Steam clients). That way, we can use any other dev time we have to work on other stuff that still needs work. Though, many of the devs don't have a lot of time to work on EQEmu right now as can be seen in the svn update frequency.

I will not believe you actually play using a fully patched VoA client on your server until I see some proof. The only actual info I have seen from you were maybe 10 opcodes for VoA, which some of them looked like they were probably incorrect based on the order of the opcode list.