View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 10:49 PM
Shodai82
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadDev View Post
That is what I was getting at chrsschb. There needs to be a better way to gauge the quality of the server other than how many people are afk in the hub zone.
Quality is literally the major determinate as to why servers were promoted in the first place...The player count requirement has always been modest at best. Numbers have and most likely will always be a imprecise gauge of server quality. What some folks are asking for is already done, even if some don't agree.

I'd also like to point out how little activity almost all servers have on the server forum. I'm in no way tooting my own horn, but when I started on UltimateEQ I busted my butt and constantly kept my thread apprised. Back when I hit peak popularity it was almost solely due to that and word of mouth. To date I keep that thread updated. Look at Imperium-same case although I think Sturm made a new thread. My point is, server operators very much own the onus as to whether they deserve promotion. While I do understand the whole idea of wanting to discover new stuff, call it up and coming, who out there is putting in the effort and making something novel? The bar has become incredibly high over the years.