View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 04:29 PM
Thallandor
Fire Beetle

So I did a complete re-install again. This time i dropped the schemas before the uninstall and then I uninstalled (the apps in installs). This included deleting the entire directory. Then, I re-downloaded the install file again and created a new directory. I then started the process over with the script. I'm on a pretty slow connection so this is a 45min ordeal, minimum. The only other thing this server runs is plex. This is a fresh x64 win 7 pro install (legit).

I eventually got to the log in and character creation screen where I was then disconnected all over again. Several times over. I've tried connecting from multiple clients as well and the same result on both. I have disabled fire walls for now while trying this. I went to the router and put it in "basic" routing only mode disabling some of it's protection features. I tried this both with and without port forwarding (the ranges of 7000-75000 and 9000-9100) to the server.

My next step is going to be connecting Ad Hoc. If that doesn't work, I have no idea what to do after that.

As a troubleshooting step, I tried using a program I wrote a long time ago transferring some files over those same ports while the EQEMU server was stopped. I could transfer files just fine using TCP/IP over some of those ports. When I had the router going with forwarding it was doing both UDP and TCP/IP and it didn't seem to matter whether it was on or off while I was testing.

At risk of exposure, the router i'm using is an RT-AC88U. I've never had any problems with it before and it is fairly new. I have other equipment but it's not in use right now just for the purpose of troubleshooting this.

** one other thing I've noticed. It appears that it disconnects my client (on the login server) before I even get a chance to hit "ENTER WORLD". I'm not sure why that is, but i'm sure it is important, unless that is how it's supposed to work.

Sorry for the winded post. I know it's long; i'm trying to get this working correctly. Thanks for all the help.