Thread: Changing Pets
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 09:43 AM
kris1
Sarnak

Default Changing Pets

I'm trying to play around (I have no real goal, jut trying to learn) with pets...I was trying to change my mage pet to look like something other than the typical mage pet graphic.

So, I figured out that the "teleport_zone" field in the "spells_new" table correlates to the "type" field in the "pets" table. And I figured out that "npcID" field in the "pets" table corresponds with the "id" field in the "npc_types" table. And I even figured out which of the 8 "SumEarthR16" (for this example I was using the lvl 70 mag spell "Child of Earth") rows corresponded with the spell I was using, by process of elimination. I changed all the applicable rows to the new npc model that I wanted for my pet (in this case i was trying with Lady Vox), and successfully got it to summon a Lady Vox modeled pet named vonaner. And I one by one removed the change to a row at a time until I identified the applicable line for this spell...I would have thought the "petpower" field in the "pets" table would have corresponded with the level of the spell being cast, but that is not the case...

Does anyone know how to make logical sense of this, so i can avoid the process of elimination to find the appropriate "petpower" model I need to use?

Also, Does anyone know how the "petnaming" field works? with it set with a value of 3, it seems to be random naming, like a mage pet would normally be. I can't find any place where you would be able to apply a static name...I'm going to try changing the 3 to a 0, 1, or 2 and see if it then carries over the name of the NPC that you apply to the pet model...Then I would imagine I could just make a copy of the 'npc_type" and rename it as I choose...If anyone has any insight to this, that would rock.

Thanks in advance to anyone that takes the time.