View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 03:27 PM
Rhyisa
Fire Beetle

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseplant View Post
Thank you, Rhyisa, for the well-written reply. I actually had a simple fix for the issue and I'm kicking myself for not thinking back to my *original* EQ days. I kept the game in WinXP SP3 Compatibility mode and when I got to the screen that normally just hung, I hit ALT+ENTER to window it and I was fine. I go to the options screen, changed the resolution to something a bit more amicable and voila! Game works just fine and is windowed to boot.
That's awesome Houseplant! Maybe I'll change back to XP SP3.

Lucky you Nall and Haynar. I dunno what's still going on with me.

Update:

Still crashing on WinEQ 2.0 Lite as of yesterday. But I had a thought - what if it's power? I'm running a 450W right now, gave my wife the 500W a while ago. Can't afford a new one right now. However, I've noticed little bits of improved performance once I disconnected these things:
  1. All the cold cathod lights (UV types - two of the converters)
  2. Just yesterday I unplugged one of my case fans (I have three right now) They are going through a fan controller. I can take one more out if I need to, just not the one that blows over the HD.

So it's leaving me to wonder if it was power all along! I'll have to "test" it this week. It sure would bite if that was the case.