View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 01:36 AM
AndMetal
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzen View Post
Hello,

I saw that damage mitigation was planned to be reworked on the svn and then scrapped. Is there any plans in the future as from what I have noticed none of the damage mitigation aa's work at all. I did read the argument that all the servers would need to be re-worked when this is implemented however I don't see the reasoning.

Thanks,
I started to dig into the mitigation issue, but it actually looks like we are calculating mitigation correctly. I haven't tested in combat, but the code looks fine. The only thing I'm not sure about is when I last played on a server, it didn't seem like mitigation was working correctly.

As far as damage mitigation AAs, there are a few that are calculated into the current source, but I don't think 100% of them are. One of my mid- to long-term goals it to get them converted to the new way of calculating AAs (like item & spell bonuses are) so that the only changes that need to be done are in the database (see Issue 41). However, to get it working initially, it also means I would need to put together the queries for each one that I add support for, which can take a bit of research, which is why I haven't made it a bigger priority for myself.

My Contributions to the Wiki