View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 10:08 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Default Question for all

How do all of you keep from burning out when playing EQ?

After spending 8.5 years of playing EQ on live servers I left the game because it was no longer the game I loved. It had become a bunch of unnecessary nonsense and guild politics caused by a shrinking game population. Not too long ago I was reading an article written last fall about the prison server for EQII and the author of that article really hit the nail on the head when describing EQ without the heavy social element. Here is a link to that article http://motherboard.vice.com/read/we-...-prison-server

I spent many months or maybe even a couple of years creating content for my private server but I never actually played through most of it. When I play EQ these days I usually level up the same character or two from 1 – 85 then get bored and start over months later. The last paragraph of the article linked above made me realize in a bad way that the content I had created merely existed in a game world without purpose.
With the sole exception of the GoD expansion it might literally be years before the project catches up to where I was at on live. I have tried playing on numerous servers but it all comes back to the missing social aspect. I am yet to find a server to play on that is not overrun with bot or box armies.