View Single Post
Old 07-08-2019, 08:59 AM
whiteknight33
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomghost View Post
Is your friends client in program files?

Maybe similar to p99 where you DC Everytime you zone if client is in program files or program files (x86).

Couldn't find the issue on p99 but I remember looking it up years ago.. here it is on Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/project1999..._load_game_up/
Good suggestion to try, but in this case the files are in a folder on the desktop, and the client itself isn't crashing. In fact, the dbg log (client side) says there is no reason provided for the kick. lol.

Code:
[Thu Jul 04 23:41:04 2019]00392:Zone Connect -- 2 -- Sending MSG_EQ_ADDPLAYER
[Thu Jul 04 23:41:05 2019]00393:Networking: connection terminated [client:DisconnectReasonOtherSideTerminated,server:DisconnectReasonNone]
[Thu Jul 04 23:41:05 2019]00394:disconnected at C:\p4\EverQuest\live\EverQuest\EverQuest.cpp:17949 (char. select) DisconnectReasonOtherSideTerminated,DisconnectReasonNone
I have a very limited knowledge of programming and Linux, but from what the terminal is saying (and what Uleat posted above) it looks like players are authenticated when they first log in, then the server removes their authentication every time they try to zone and gives them the boot.

I tried tinkering around in the server files myself and the only place I found "Auth" mentioned was inside of the zone folder client_process.cpp I was able to find the exact error message I was being given. From what I read there, it looked like it was triggered by client.cpp... So I opened client.cpp and I was able to find something like (zone)->RemoveAuth... So I tried tinkering around with it myself and removing that line and substituting it. The results were if I tried to zone after that, it would warp me under the PoK stone/book I tried to use and it wouldn't actually zone me anywhere. So, for whatever reason, I think that line needs to be there or I didn't replace it with the "right" code.