View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 09:06 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Thanks for the help, hopefully, you'll get rewarded with 'partial' reconstructed original zones.
My idea is not to make a new database with different zones, but have 'zone-spawns' within 'zone-spawns' that pop when required. The three revamped zones that came to mind were Nurga, Droga, and Lost Temple of CazicThule. I never played any of these zones pre-revamp, void Nurga, where we had a little 'scam' going on for leveling fast (anyone remember the 'invisible wall' you feared mobs to and killed them from behind?).
I've already done Nurga, which is mostly 'fictional' since the only data I could find was what Secrets posted. But I figure if I get it up and running, people will change and fix as thery remember it.
Nurga and Droga is hard to find data, as I guess not many played there. I probably should have done CT first, but I learned with Nurga, and plan to be a lot more organized wth CT. Old CT must have been a very popular zone in its time, while Googling, I saw a lot of people got upset after it was revamped (I also found a lot of good info on the old zone).
In a nutshell, what will happen when you zone in is, the zone will pop either classic or revamped according to your characters level (by default action). So far what I could come up with is, the zone has to stay dynamic if you want it to pop according to level. Reason being, first one in the zone sets the spawn levels, and it stays like that tell this player leaves and the zone shuts down (so the zone won't repop on you while you're in there).
If you only want the old classic zone, or better prefer the revamped version, you only need set it to whichever one, and turn off the level dectector.
When I'm finished, I'll make a PEQ-Insert SQL version of CT, if anyone wants/requests it. I'll even do Nurga, but like I said , a lot of the data there is not true to classic, for lack of info.
It will all be in my posted database too.