View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 12:28 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

I am fortunate to be in a development role, so I have VS2005Pro at home so I can work round the clock for the same salary... :/

I got VS2005Pro to compile, following the Express instructions for includes and libraries. It really was that simple. But rather than install all the software needed, I merely made a ./depends directory with the needed files for mysql, perl, and zlib (I actually did this for Antrix so they all use the same ./depends dir).

The only problems I encounter when compiling EQEmu source is when I try to compile in Release mode. Seems the "zone" project gets skipped (whatever that means) until I open the zone workspace and compile just that alone. Seems I am stuck with Debug builds, which I do not understand.

Most things will compile with VS7 or VS8 - Antrix also comes with an sln for VS8, which I use with no problems at all. The problem children for me are my other 2 projects written in VC6, which seems like it's going to require a greater effort to get to compile... sigh.