View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 10:48 AM
Tabidzukare
Sarnak

Default Alpha Channel

Hey Orison,

Sounds good.. and boy do I hear you on the 'old' computer. Mines a good chunk worse than yours.. I have less than 128MB graphics (built in intel card on my laptop), my 512MB of RAM is shared with that video card, and I have a 1.4GHZ processor... Running 3DSMax and getting a zone open is literally one of those 'order pizza, pop a beer, kick your shoes off, turn on a movie' kind of nights lol. Good times, so don't worry.

The alpha channel that holds the lights actually does exist.. If you noted when extracting the texture it renames them all to .bmp and even some of the .bmps themselves are really .dds's in disguise which hold alpha channel data. If you wanted to tinker with the script or just hand texture them with the .dds's then you could get it to work. This is way over my 3D modeling head, however if you search and read all of 'Kaiyodo' 's posts you'll see that he had gotten around this issue and his improved script/solution may be out there somewhere. If you need help on solving that end of things let me know, right now I've got my head buried in C++ and Math books.. ugg, so any break from that is welcomed.

Kindest Regards~~