View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 03:16 AM
revan553
Fire Beetle

Happy to report that I've resolved the issue

Here's what got me across the finish line:

* Decided that looking for more detailed logging was going to be the solution to my problems
* Read the wiki page by Akkadius about the new logging system
* Updated all the relevant logs to level 3
* Eventually saw in world.exe that the zone kept going back and forth between started and stopped
* tried launching zone.exe manually, after which it popped up an error window about missing DLL MSVCR100.dll.
* Tracked that down to the fact that the Visual c++ redistributable package needed to be installed. Installed, restated VM and voila evertyhing launched properly.
* Launched client from the host machine and server was in an UP state. Logged in and created a character successfully.

Thanks for all your help.

I'm curious what step of the install guide I missed that resulted in the VC redist packages not being installed? I did install Visual Studio 2017, though I only installed the C++ module. Did I miss part of the guide where it mentioned to install them, or do we need to add that bit. Perhaps it's my fault since the Windows 7 VM I've created is from an ISO from 2012 and I haven't run the hours of windows updates on it yet.