View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 11:49 PM
Eealer
Fire Beetle

Okay, I tried wiping out my characters inventory and then logging in. The second the PoK loaded, the client crashed again. Gave a could not read memory error. I deleted the character and loaded to character select, verified that the character was not there and then quit to server select. Went back to SQL and re-added the character. Logged into character select again verified that the character was there again and tried logging in again. Once again, the second that I loaded into PoK the client crashed. This time I never received an error message from the client about the crash. Thinking that PoK was the common denominator, I force changed his zone from the character_data table from PoK to Tutorialb and lowered his level from 75 to 10. Now he can login to the game again. The only issue with my theory is that my friends toon is marked as that the zone he is in is tutorialb already. I will see if clearing his inventory fixed his character, but I am suspecting that the issue lies within the level. His character is level 5, but for a brief period of time, I had boosted him to level 75 and then back to whatever level he was before I did that. All of this happened while in gloomingdeep where the level cap to be in the zone is something like 17.

I am going to test to see if manually adjusting the level from the database and logging in fixes the issue