View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 01:14 AM
Kavanah
Sarnak

I had a server up for a little while that was my favorite (not in a biased way, just that I did exactly what I thought a fun server would be.) I simply couldn't host it anymore and maxed out my personal ability and skills with scripting/my sql:

-Locked for PoP era w/ max level 70
-All spells could be purchased or turned in for from drops
-Plat was allocated properly and merchants had loot that could not be found only purchased. (This allowed players who couldn't solo to get the main bosses in a zone's drops but could spend time farming plat to purchase a few upgrades during solo time.)
-Spells had a minor overhaul, tweaking them to be a bit more flashy and useful but nothing complicated or crazy. (Clr, Shm, and Dru, all healed the same but Clr's buffed hp/ac much better, Shm slow/haste slightly reduced to makeup for heal increase, Dru dot/dd increased.)
-People could box a second character if they wanted.
-All content custom adjusted to allow for most people and class combinations to work through each zone level w/ 1.5exp.
-Every single item existing in PEQ through PoP was adjusted stat and graphic by hand (spent several months on this alone) as well as over 1000 custom items added in.
-NPCs gave "quests" that were really hints depending on your class of where to farm for good gear at your level ie. an SK may want to hit kurns for a shield and then crushbone for a 1hs
-Each class had minor adjustments to make them more distinctive, especially melee classes. Wars taunt and aggro increased, Rangers bow damage/accuracy increased and only needed 1 arrow for unlimited archery (special arrows could be found around the world)
-Minor tweaks to some zones

I had the server live for about a week and never promoted it. Just tested it out with a friend of mine and we had the most fun reliving a somewhat live feel while feeling like we had an updated game that was rewarding every time we logged in for a few hours. Unfortunately I lost all the db on my hardrive and have been looking for similar server for a long time now with nothing coming quite close =(