Thread: SOF bug
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 04:17 AM
trevius
Developer

I am not sure why it works for Titanium and not other clients, but my best guess is that you still have some table issues. There are a lot of required SQL updates needed from the older revision you were probably running. You may have 1 or more fields set to incompatible default values that cause them to fail when loading or something like that. You might also need to make sure that when you compile, you are compiling all of the most recent files in the common/patches/ folder. If you are compiling older version of the patch files, who know what odd issues it would cause.

Since there are other crash issues related to the SoD client (and probably other new clients), I would think your problem is with the patch files you are compiling. It could probably also be an issue with your shared mem file compile, but I really have no clue how you have stuff setup.

There is also a chance you could be running into some 64bit issue, cause I don't know much about what to expect crash-wise from that. As far as I know, the source should work with 64 bit, but I haven't tested it myself to confirm.

And yeah, both of those crashes were me. One was when I first created the char using SoD and the other is when I died on the char after I deleted all items on him.