View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 03:22 AM
prickle
Hill Giant

I gotta give you some major kudos for these new tools GerogeS. I just used the zone parser tool to populate loot in Stone Hive, Goru`Kar Mesa, and Blackfeather Roost tonight. This was after I hand populated Blightfire Moors a couple of weeks ago. Being able to populate loot in a zone in a matter of minutes makes the process almost fun.

The only downside to the populated loot that i could see was the drop rates on some items seemed inflated... like defiant gear. I got 3 pieces off 1 mob. Though, I half way expected that to happen. I may go back in and add my own defiant gear tables and remove the existing defiant loot drop entries.

Also, while I find these tools (the zone parser and the NPC editor) to be very handy, I did also notice that while the tools appear to fit on your screen comfortably, they don't do so well on lower resolution screens. I work and play from a laptop that has a max resolution of 1330x768, and the NPC editor in particular does not play nice at this res. With the window sized to fit my screen it won't show the last 10 or so items at the bottom of the big scroll list. I can select the last visible and use keyboard arrows to scroll down and see the last few, but having visible horizontal and vertical scroll bars here would be immensely helpful.

Thanks again for your hard efforts to bring us awesome-tastic tools!