View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 05:35 PM
Matteo123
Fire Beetle

Default Looking for a server -"Classic" feel but EZ mode

First, thanks to everyone who is involved in setting up this project and the various servers; I could only imagine how much work is involved.

I am an old-school EMarr player who tried out EQEMU a few years ago and had a blast. I am about to jump back in and am trying to find a server that essentially is Project 1999 but with EZ mode. In other words, my dream server would be:

1. The original game and/or the first few expansions. I started playing right before Kunark was released and played through Luclin and want to "take a trip down memory lane". I don't care if the other expansions' content is on the server, but I want to fight the "original" mobs (Vox, Fear, etc.). In other words, I'd want to experience the same PoF that I played in 2001 but without the headache.
2. Higher drop rates/spawn rates - while I want to enjoy the fun of LGuk, I'd love to only have to kill the Frenzied Ghoul once or twice to get the FBSS. Super bonus points if the pre-nerf guise still drops.
3. Faster exp gain - I have two kids and a demanding job so I'd like to be able to get up to 60-65 in 3 weeks or months rather than 3 years
4. Solo/bot friendly - See #3 above. I have essentially stopped playing multiplayer games because I frequently need to go AFK for an hour or two at a time. I ideally don't want to two-box and would much rather be able to use bots. If the game was scaled to allow me and 5 bots to handle Inny or Vox that would be perfect.
5. Original graphics/spell effects - not as important as the others.

Thanks in advance for any guidance as to what server I should choose.