View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 09:44 AM
noudess
Discordant

Anyone? My change makes these "work" but since the client seems to be rejecting under good circumstances, the client is not imposing the movement limitation. I was in the process of submitting a PR that at least makes minor illusion work in spots where the client doesn't issue the "cant use that here", but I am guessing making the illusion work, but allowing movement won't be an improvement in many people's view.

I'd like to get the movement issue working as well.

Upon further testing:

- if the client outputs: you are unable to change form here, the client does not send the rejection packet and the client halts PC movement, but does not show the illusion.

- if the client outputs : you feel different (and actually changes your form), the client sends the rejection to the server, but does show the illusion until the server obeys and fades the buff.

I really think the clients logic is backwards here.

I need either (a) figure out why the client is taking this buff back down immediately on success (by the clients own messaging) and leaves it up on failure (again by the clients own messaging) or (b) ignore the clients rejection and somehow get the movement speed effect anyway.