View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 05:19 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoPulse View Post
I must say, I'm very excited hearing about this server and reading up online about it. It kind of worries me that bots will be allowed as I haven't found a server yet that uses them and has kept my attention but none-the-less it sounds great! Have you thought of the possibility of allowing all classes the ability to solo instead through the one char and not the bot team? By using the charms and items to bolster their weaknesses in order to assist them in soloing. I wanted to create a server like that but alas, couldn't find anyone to help with the development.

Again though, I definitely look forward to playing on your server!!

I'm glad you're excited about all of this!

To answer your question: I mainly decided on the 5 bots and 1 character so players could have their own personal team that they could explore the world with and also to have 6 characters to equip instead of 1, overall giving them more to do and seek out. I am a huge fan of the Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale series and one of my favorite features of those games were the ability to create my own party that I can control. It's much more fun to a lot of individuals to have that power at their finger tips.

However, soloist toons are not exactly hopeless. The enemies have had their health increased to be able to take on a single group of well geared characters but soloers should still be able to take them down, just a lot slower. There are many paths that should be able to solo effectively like the Warrior Commander, Vampire Shadowknight, Brigand Rogue, Earthguard Ranger, Spirit Warden Beastlord and more.

When the first series of testing starts up I will make sure to monitor this closely. I've even added single spawns for every one of the first tier charm quests so you can solo that mob every 3 mins if you didn't want to group/bot party.