View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 06:20 PM
The_Beast
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayerZ View Post
there is two sides to this coin
Thats a good way to define this game as it is now. One side of the coin has the "old school" die hards that are pretty much
"set in their ways" and don't like change. The other side of the coin is filled with the modern "been there done that, don't
want to do it again" gamers. But that's the best part about this project, it can accomodate both sides, for the most part.
It's really a matter of what the individual player finds "exciting" in a good game of EQ. Some would enjoy the challenge of
trying to figure out a new quest or discover the unknown. Some may think it boring to log on to any server, knowing
there is nothing they can offer that they haven't seen or done before. Myself, I would find it extremely difficult to come
up with something more exciting, unless one wipes the "Everquest" right out of EQ. But even Super Mario has evolved over
the years. For me it works out like the sequels in a movie series. The first movie rocked my world, but as usual, the sequels
(2, 3, 4 ....) started to suck bad and got too carried away. (Think Smokey and the Bandit), lol
Just the other day, I fired up an old game, the original Halo game. I don't remember a damn thing about progressing through
it, but that's a good thing. I get to figure it all out again