View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 11:55 PM
Banderas
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillu View Post
I completely disagree.

Other than death and taxes, nothing is sure in life, period.

None will change game billing because of an accounting system, lol. They do it because that's their only chance to keep EQ1 alive (at least to try it), just like other MMOs who lose player base and interest day after day.

I highly doubt many would go back from EQEMU to live EQ. EQEMU is EverQuest on crack, it's nostalgia, it's custom, it's versatile, it's basically endless fun, evolving day after day. We have an awesome community here.
If you want to play EQ live, get 95 levels, grind 7000+ AAs, do endless timesink progression quests, etc, you still need a subscription and have to pay just like before. Nothing really changed there.

Actually, I don't think many players pick EQEMU over Live EQ because it's free.. imo it's simply more fun. This is why I stuck here many moons ago.. and fyi I have 3 active EQ live subscriptions atm. I got bored of VoA during the beta period.. :P

That's my 2cp anyway.
Agreed. I am sure the reason SOE changed the EQ1 model (as well as EQ2) is because they are losing subscriptions (look at LOTR, D&D, DC Universe, etc etc etc). I don't see WoW going to a free-play model?

I predict that if anything, MORE players will come from EQ1 to EQEMU than leave EQMEU to EQ1. I have many friends and none of them want to go back to EQ-Watered-Down (tm).

EQEMU is where is at. Custom content, no grinding, fast and fun. BLEEP EQLive.