View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 09:58 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
I think the bind traps are something specific to the new PEQ database updates. I am not exactly sure what they are, but I would guess they are something similar to the Illusionist I have set on Storm Haven. Basically, I use that NPC to move players from their spawn point so you don't get 20 characters all piling up on top of each other. Otherwise, it can get characters stuck and also causes heavy position updates to be sent out wasting a ton of bandwidth. I dunno if PEQ has them set to be invisible in Titanium, but if so, they might need to do something different to make them invisible in SoF. I think race 240 works fine for invisible NPCs no matter what client. Also, I think that the invis field in the spawn structure for SoF isn't found yet, but that is on the todo list.
Bind Traps were collecting from Live. We don't use them on PEQ, as we're not sure what they are used for. However, they and I noticed many other "trigger" type NPCs are visible using SoF and are not using 0.6.2 and Titanium. I figure that will be ironed out eventually