View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Ensane
Fire Beetle

Default EverQuest in Unity Engine project

Hey guys,
I'm an experienced unity programmer and a old school fan of everquest (rallos zek/sullon zek)

I been reading about a few attempts to make a eq client... One guy building his own in C++ and another using unity...

What i want to do is see how much interest/support i could get and id be willing to lead this project and build a new client using Unity.

Why I think unity would be good as it will allow us to compile a client for Mac/Windows/Linux/Web/Android/IPhone how cool would that be? and we wouldnt have to spend alot of time writing a new engine and spend the time just building EverQuest to work with the already sophisticated emulator servers.

This will allow for alot of things, improved graphics options, a true classic theme, as well as improving the code all together to make EQ less hackable, and we can go custom route with it and make a new game based on eq only more modernized. Options are endless but, we all know the eq client now is holding things back.

Please feel free to reply here on your thoughts and message me on skype: bruinp8n