View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 04:53 PM
naezbutt
Fire Beetle

My sending class was just a quick prototype of a UDP client (read: it's pretty shit). It will likely need read/write threads and processing in the main thread in a design pattern that is seen a lot in the server code, so that network I/O will not lag each frame. Actual packet managers will probably need to inherit from this generic UDP client base class so that it can be reused for communications with the loginserver, worldserver and zoneserver (with a different virtual function for each, handling packet opcodes). It's got some utilities in it though that can translate C# structs into a raw byte buffer compatible with C, the Crypto API .dll symbol imports are working (though we still need embed it as a resource or something so it can be loaded by the web client), and I'm told Secrets has the CRC16/32 checksums working now too. Secrets is working on tying the infrastructure together.

It's still kind of a clusterfuck right now but once we get through to the breakthrough point of this network backend and can reliably commmunicate with the server, we should be able to rapidly make progress on a ton of features like tracking movement, attacking, commands like /who and /con etc, adding spawns/other players, and some of the more basic spells like heal and nuke.