View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 10:47 AM
eski2
Hill Giant

Default War in Freeport and Qeynos

It's beyond my skills but as an idea, i wanted to see if anyone was interested. What about a quest or trigger to change the cities of freeport and qeynos so that the opposed guard or warrior factions would fight each other, and the city would spawn raiders inside, until either one faction won randomly or (more heroically!) the players tipped the scales? Sort of a permanent change to the server unless a GM reset it, like The Sleeper?

My understanding of the live servers is that they resolved the issue anyway? However, i don't know if or when eqemu will copy that, and this just sounds like fun. I can't even get my basic quests working consistently (grrr!) but the assorted factions fighting outside of shar vahl show that it is doable, and it would be nice as a human paladin to truly change the city for the better (or as a nasty dark elf agent, for the worse, bwahahaha!)

I guess if a faction loses, you'd have to change their bind/spawn points like with the frogloks and ogres? Potentially a lot of work i suppose? Still, an exciting thought.