View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 01:06 AM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Default Questnpcs don't work in tutorial or beyond.

Ok after getting server up from the installer, and getting it to enter the world, my one housemate got on almost right away and was fine for a while but then he had an issue with the rat steak combine in tutorial that froze inventory etc so he logged.

After he left server and I tried to open the oven he was using it said someone was using it, but I was only one in the game. I left the zone for a while and when I came back all seemed good again.

Fastfwd a few hours and another housemate started the game. Was able to get 1 hail update in the hail quest in tutorial, but then all quest npcs stopped responding to her. I tried repopping zone, killing them off, forcing respawns etc, still wouldn't work. She relogged, same issue still. Eventually I got them to respond to me once so I thought it was all set.

It wasn't, she still couldn't get a response to either acquire or update any quests. Auto quests like the one gotten zoning to pok 1st time, can be acquired though and the tutorial baking quest that isn't really a quest, works fine with appropriate dialog. No response from quest npc if a quest entry would be acquired or updated.

. Tried zoning her to crescent reach to see if tutorial issue but same deal there. The quest worked for first housemate so not an error from install. My daughter then made an account and started a toon, but she too had same issue so not a bug on toon or account.

I know these quests are working on public emu servers, the one I performed was on peqtgc itself, so I don't think it's the newness of this tutorial and expansion, but it's possible. I should attempt getting NPC responses in fully supported expansions to see if it continues.

Failing that, where should I look to fix this? Could it be related to My problem enabling mercs or populating their merchants? I get error that the columns can't be found to update, but other mods to same tables have run fine.

Unrelated, but what is a usable command to respawns something that's been killed? I tried multiple spawn etc commands to try to repop a mobile barrel but no matter which is number o used I got an unnamed human guy level 1 with no xp or loot on kills. I know can specify every single aspect, but are there not presets to spawn anew for a mob like that? Any mob that always spawns in the given zone. Repopping the zone didnt work in this case probably because they're barrels, but i couldnt find them in any other type like container though they can be /opened as well as meleed. I had to try several commands to get quest npcs to respawns after I killed them trying to fix the issue started thread for, but they may have just respawned on their own regardless of command as it took a few minutes.

I ran into one command that said I wasn't flagged to use, but I was using GM level 250 so not sure why. It was something to reset all scripts and respawn mobs worldwide. Tried it hoping restarting the scripts might fix the npcs but couldnt run it.

Thanks for any help in advance.