View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 08:22 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUMPY View Post
Quests are in the quests folder in the main eqemu server directory (folder). If you look at the
screenshot of my server folder (eqemu), all the server files are in there. Maps and quests,
plugins, etc., are in their own subfolders. I do my own compiling and manual installs, so I
have the option of naming the main server folder whatever I want, and put it wherever.
But I assume the "auto-installer" puts it in a default setup for all users ?

To enable mercs is quite simple. First, go into rule_values table in database. There is a rule in
there to enable them (set to "true"). Then you have to set all the merc merchant npc's class
to 71. They should work fine after that. Also, is your plugins folder populated ?

Not sure how your server files are all setup, but standard way is similiar to what you see below.
ok i am still having serious issues following anything talkign about the database, becasuse i cant FIND my database anywhere, and if i do a search for rule_values all i get i a 4 line text file that names it under data tables, and a bunch of dated notes and updates to said table...but not the table itself. I have no idea where to really start here, though once i figure that out i can figure the mods out within on my own.

having used the windows installer, i have almost exaclty whats in your ss there, but dont have templates, import or export, templates, update backups or updated templates. im assuming all those things are because i havent done any modding to the server so nothing but the standard has been isntalled.

i have top folder on drive is EQ, then i have EQEmuir(the server) eqemuserver which i made for a backup, Source, and SQL folders. SQL has 9 files, one is text readme the rest sql files.

...Nevermind what I was typing, but im leaving it to explain why i was having trouble... I finally found my database...it was nowhere near where i was looking (in my eq>server etc folders) but is instead under programfiles>mariadb>data>peq and that was my big hangup lol. now all the talk of database makes sooo much more sense