View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 11:15 PM
WildcardX
Developer

I don't understand how so many people things the bots system doesn't "guard" or heal or mez. I guess the problem must be there isn't enough non-technical documentation or people don't read the bot commands and try them out to see what they do? Or people's configurations just aren't right? Sure, the bot system has some issues like integration into the raid system and even raid ai and yes they need to be worked on more to support a post-level 70 world.

let me be clear regarding the bot ai. The bot system ai is designed as is with only a group experience in mind. If you are frustrated about taking the bot system on a raid, well you can say that is by design then lol. if you are frustrated with bots above level 65, then, again, you can be by design. And if your really mad about bot healing, the current bot ai will choose to heal the group tank OVER any dps by design. So consider this situation. You and your bot group decide you want to take down "LocalBadAss001" cause he spawned and you want to drop him. Ok, so you pull him and tell the bots to engage. Say the fight is going well and for some reason maybe your tank didn't lose a lot of hitpoints fast so the cleric bot, having full mana, decides there isn't anyone to heal and since its AI is designed for XP group situations, he/she/it/whatever decides to cast a cleric nuke. Now we all know cleric nukes take a while to cast.. Unfortunately, as the cleric is casting that nuke, "LocalBadAss001" has some better DPS and begins to putting down your bot tank or even one of the dps bots. Guess what happens next? Thats right, you jump on the forum and post a message about how much bots suck lol

Ok so I guess my point is, please check your expectations.

Also, I have decided to move ahead with the next version of bots. This version will take bots as they are and add the raid integration and the missing raid ai and I'm going to improve bot stats to be more "client" like and I want to fix the issues that exist for bots > level 65.

Quote:
If it's not on IRC, it ain't l33t!