View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 08:24 PM
kokey98
Hill Giant

relative to using the installer...

i think you need to add a line to make the config.xml file... could be wrong.

I chopped off queryserver and database sections, those should be fine, anyway. i made some small changes to # of ports since it's just for local use... but totally unneccessary to do... i'd leave it default if it is different than what i have pasted below, relative to any port # or how many are defined etc.

i think i had to add the <address> line - not sure if "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" works, but those are the same thing. click details of your network connection and get your local ip from there. i recall it not working until i added that line, but i ded multiple things at once and made it impossible to know for sure if that's what fixed it at that time.

<server>
<world>
<shortname>PocketEQ</shortname>
<longname>Pocket Everquest</longname>
<address>192.168.0.52</address>

<loginserver1>
<host>192.168.0.52</host>
<port>5998</port>
<account></account>
<password></password>
</loginserver1>

<tcp ip="127.0.0.1" port="9001" telnet="enable"/>
<telnet ip="0.0.0.0" port="9000" enabled="true"/>
<http port="9080" enabled="true" mimefile="mime.types" />

<key>"Censored - some long string"</key>

<!-- <locked/> -->
<!-- <unlocked/> -->
</world>

<chatserver>
<port>7778</port>
</chatserver>

<mailserver>
<port>7778</port>
</mailserver>

<zones>
<defaultstatus>255</defaultstatus>
<ports low="7000" high="7100"/>
</zones>

below that is just your login/password for the database and queryserver... and for me empty launcher, files and directories sections.

also look over login.ini in your server's directory. i don't like navigating on wiki pages, i just google "eqemu wiki <a key word or very short phrase>" and that works amazingly well when i run into a (likely self-inflicted) roadblock. :p