View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 01:52 PM
Derision
Developer

According to Allakazam, Tyker Renlin spawns and then despawns after 4 minutes, so getting multiple spawns is to be expected. I imagine the other NPC must similarly respawn frequently.

The problem with collecting pathing data is that Live sends updates less frequently the further away you are from a mob, so you can get fairly good pathing for the mobs that are nearby, but not the ones further away.

Problem is, if you sit near the docks to get good pathing for the boats, then the mobs on the other side of the zone will have poor pathing. There is no easy answer to this. I would just treat the collected pathing data as a 'rough guide' to be fixed by hand later.

Regarding me getting the West Freeport data sourced in quickly, that just happens to be the zone I used to test the collector after Live patches, so I had already nuked the PEQ data for that zone and so I just needed to source in your collect without worrying about having to delete rows first, as all my data from that zone was already numbered by the collector, and so the auto-generated DELETEs at the top of the SQL deleted everything.