View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 01:21 AM
Dinggo
Sarnak

I totally worded that wrong and didnt get the right point across that I was trying to make, but hey some of you took what I said and trampled me like a fallen jockey at the derby.

So to clear it up, what i was trying to point out was that it makes sense for SOE to move EQ1 to the f2p model now because it is the direction the company is going in, with ALL of its products, past, present and future. Keeping one buisness model makes alot more sense in the overall scheme of things.

EQ1 is doing just fine for subscriptions. It has paid for itself (and the development of just about everything SOE/SCEA has done in the past 13 years (Playstation 1 Developement was soley funded by EQ profits as stated in the 10 year EQ anniverssary book)) many, many times over. It was never in danger of closing down in the near, or far future.

The best line from FanFaire two years ago was the DEV's response to how long does EQ have left. The DEV said, "Its not a question of how long will Everquest last, but a question of which one of you're kids will be working on the game as a deveolper in the future." That pretty much nailed SOE's commitment to keeping EQ1 going as long as it can.