View Single Post
Old 06-13-2018, 02:12 PM
Bleuraiven
Fire Beetle

Default Thanks!!!

I recently started this process and still have a long way to go. I was meandering through the process of getting things up, making alterations where necessary. Then, I hit the wall. No matter what I tried after reading through forum post after post, I couldnt seem to get the character to load. I was getting an error regarding the not able to connect to port 7000 from the client dbg.txt so I spent way too long trying to find out why the firewall settings that were clearly in place werent working. I finally decided I must have screwed something up royally and was in the process of rolling out 2 new virtual systems to attempt a clean install with server and client when I came across this...

Originally Posted by Laxative
Quote:
I did a lot of testing and found the issue to be centered around login.ini

See at work I can end up on multiple subnets depending on where I jack in.

If my login.ini was specific.
W.X.Y.Z -- the client can only connect from W.X.Y.Z

If I get less specific: W.X.Y. (notice no entry in last octet)
Then clients can be anything from W.X.Y.1-254

So, we have a big network I just went with W. (no following octects) now I can connect from anywhere inside our internal network.
I was putting this together on a large private network as well and it was like WoW!, why didnt I think of trying that.

So big thanks to Laxative for the saving me from continuing to bang my head against a wall.

And mucho thanks to those who developed the tools, the scripts, and continue to assist those of us in need.