View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 01:18 AM
betawolf
Fire Beetle

Default Unknown column (death_marquee)

It's been a while since this thread has been updated but in case it is still an issue, here is what I did to fix it when I updated the server code from a fairly old install and it was failing to run with the same error you were getting.

You can run this query on your db:

alter table `bot_owner_options` ADD COLUMN `death_marquee` SMALLINT(3) UNSIGNED NULL DEFAULT '0';

and that fixed it for me and I was able to get to character select and log in.

Something is causing death_marquee added by 2018_10_09_bots_owner_options.sql to be droped from the table when updating the db.

While digging, I saw there are a bunch of db and bot db updates that don't get applied (9022 and 9025) while I see the table structure is identical to the changes they apply so I guess there is some issue with the check_db_updates and check_bot_db_updates code that identifies which patches are applied but I'll check on that at a later time as it's not causing identifiable issues on the server atm.

If it's still not working for you, drop the [Database] output from a server_start_dev.sh and I'll see if I can spot what is causing issues for you.