View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 07:03 AM
sunbeam
Sarnak

I'm just a person who has played EMU servers to a good extent, well not much lately.

Very sorry to hear about any drama you guys may have gone through. But like most people I know absolutely nothing about it.

What does interest me are some of the features you have. No boxing. Potentially enough of a playerbase to mount small raids and not perennially be the only player logged on. Personally I think you should go to Luclin (that was a big expansion), since I've seen classic/kunark/velious umpteen zillion times. But I can understand if as devs you don't want to tackle that one.

But give prospective players more info.

To me as a prospective player your big hook is the ToC. Exactly what are you allowing with this?

I put up excerpts from your board. If I make an enchanter on your server, and actually get a ToC, can I make an item with FD on it? Or is that only for people who already have one, since you have changed the rules for balance?

And to go to my thing about the Fighter, if you look at any of the old threads here and there on the internet about Fighter soloing, you always saw the same gear listed.

Truncheon of Doom, some kind of snare weapon, Bloodpoints or the like hopefully, Band Aid knife.

So can I use the ToC to make a slow weapon without camping the Armsmaster in Seb for umpteen hours? Duplicate a Ranger or Beastlords slowing weapon from the epic set?

Cause something like a Woodsman's Staff or TStaff (without proc), doesn't really seem like it will do much for me levelling up Bilbo, Fighter from Rivervale.

Sorry to hear about any recent drama, but give me info that will make me want to try playing on your server.

And actually I'd like to see a list of example ToC items you guys are now allowing. I realize you are more than that one thing, but my take is I will be playing solo for the most part, with an occasional group, and occasional raid. EMU pops are just not high enough for anything else, most of them anyway.