View Single Post
Old 10-30-2022, 11:19 PM
Vire70
Sarnak

Spent a few hours today trying to get this solo package to work. For the life of me the instructions just don't work. Huppy's files say he has a complete DB with solo preinstalled, but then he also says you "need all the other SQL scripts from solo server" - which is mystifying to me because the two DB seem totally incompatible with one another. I tried for a while to try and apply one over the other but there are tons and tons of errors with column differences & whatnot. And it doesn't work on its own either.
Getting into the server, I found regardless of whether I used Huppy's DB alone or with the other one partially applied, all NPCs in the world were absent. That and it was telling me I didn't have expansions for human race... somehow. I'm sure there would be many more issues if I tested further, but no NPCs is kind of a deal breaker anyway, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy
In a nutshell, you need to create a new database in your mysql, then source in the database included with the download I posted. Then your server config files will need to be edited to point at the new database. (eqemu_config.json and login.json)
I made a totally new eqemu server install, put the quests from solo package in, sourced in your DB & loginaccounts... and yeah, it doesn't work.