Thread: EQ Classless
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 09:42 PM
Cusser
Sarnak

Many people seem to have a lot of confidence in that infamous green list, as far as reliable, established servers go, but if
you notice, it's no exception to the "come and go" risk factor. Servers of the past have started on the white list, got their
population up and got their bump to the green. They all get a big surge for the first while, then it tones down to a lower
average. But you also have the devs that run the course of the excitement and don't want to do it anymore. Did they really
know what they were getting themselves into before they started ? Nobody could be that naive, as to sit there looking at
their life and not know whether they have the time, effort and stamina to keep up with a production server, (or project).
Let me see, "I work 8-10 hours a day at a demanding job, I have a wife, kids, family and I volunteer on weekends for my
community. Oh hell, yes, I have enough time, no problem, let's get started on that server project. I can sleep next year."

There is only 4 servers that have ever maintained a heavy population and been going strong for many years. You will find those
up at the top of the Legends list. There was even one on that gold list, recently, that got bumped down to the green list. But
it's not like we can all google the internet for a solid, trustable team. It just doesn't exist anymore.