Thread: AA issue
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 09:02 PM
hexluther
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caryatis View Post
Obviously not, otherwise the server op would be distributing a custom db_str file. Its a client side issue so don't expect it be handed to you on a silver platter.
I get the idea that he is the server op in this case. I also got from what he is saying that he is using the db_str from Live, on a stock EQEMU build and that the mentioned AA's are showing the no string error.

Curious as to, what constitutes "handing" anything on a "silver platter", because I have to say, it sure does seem all too dominant an answer around here. I get that people should be motivated to get things done on their own -- but, what one may find 'easy' and maybe even something you or anyone else deems as 'common sense' may be difficult to another. So, this community is going to expand how? by perpetuating the "not handed to you on a silver platter" statements? Doubtful.

It's just a damn shame, because it really appears the attitude one would expect from the WoW community or should I say, "todays gamers", I sure as hell don't remember such attitude from my days of Beta 3 in EQ -- so sure, I suppose it's disheartening at least to see it. I'm just left to wonder I suppose, how much this community would flourish if the obviously experienced/skilled minds here weren't so brash. Surely it doesn't contribute to a flourishing community more than being kind about responses.

OP I can only point out what I am using in customizing my EQEMU. Though SOF+ and Titanium are evidently different, how, I don't know, but, dare I ask here how? I'm afraid to, lest I get castrated.

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...kka=DbstrUsTxt