Thread: Plans
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 10:51 PM
KLS
Administrator

Default Plans

I'd like to take a moment while the server is up to give out the plans for the near future.

We're going to be moving the current website off this box and onto it's own web hosting solution. Right now the issues with the server come from apache basically. You might notice when I kill it, the LS tends to run smoothly.

Wont be able to kill apache totally, there will still need to be a way for people to setup new accounts and manage(change the passwords) their old ones; but with only a few pages the resources and impact should be fairly minimal.

We also have a more up to date login in the works at the moment and when it becomes fairly mature we may deploy it instead of the current one. I haven't decided what to do with it beyond that but it will be actively developed, and wont invalidate older servers, any server that currently runs will be able to connect.

We also want to revamp the wiki to not only be something that is not a safe haven for bots but to be something that has a more coherent flow and information will be easier to find. This will probably be a work in progress after we move the site to it's own server.

That's the basic plans for now, anything else beyond that is just speculation and we'll cross that bridge when we get there. =p