View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 12:07 AM
TheMurderUnicorn
Fire Beetle

Default Confused about Bots

So I probably picked the wrong place on the forum to ask these questions but I wasn't sure so please don't hate me.

I used the automated server installer. I have an old copy of SOD from Steam, and I have the server running and can connect/create characters/play.

When I installed the server, I installed the Bot pack (the option that said to enable bots on the server). I thought this would make mercenaries function, but that doesn't seem to be right. I looked through the forums and most of the discussion about bots made me realize that no, they're not the mercs, and though I read a lot of posts I still have no understanding whatsoever of what a bot is, how I get one, or how they work.

So, that's my question. How do I get a bot companion? All of the forum posts I saw were about bot behavior and coding, not about the actual process to acquire one/give them directions.

Also I don't know anything about coding or maintaining a server, so please try to keep things as layman as possible.

And again, I'm sorry if this is the wrong place, or if this question has already been answered. I couldn't find anything.