View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 03:41 PM
kokey98
Hill Giant

back it up for sure... mistakes are sometimes made, and this would avoid 99% of them that you cannot control.

binaries are only compiled occasionally.. no idea how to check. i'm sure they are located somewhere in the github repositories and you can check a date there.

you can compile on your own and still make use of the eqemu-server.pl. i make sure my binaries are always backed up in case the script (caused by me being stupid) replaces them. just copy over any accident and its fixed.

you can still use the script to update your db. under assets or database, if that word is visible, obivously look there first? check_db_updates etc... [sic]. if you have bots, you also want to do the bots update option too.

now, if by random chance any of these update scripts happen to be temporarily borked, you aren't screwed because of the backup. it'll be fixed at some point.

if you watch the fixes on github, just wait a day or three before updating.

no idea on error, but only dependencies mentioned are the libsodium and libmysql, and it seems they at least exist? are they the right versions? did it work before? etc... no idea what else to do to troubleshoot though.