View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 01:58 AM
synthavana
Fire Beetle

Okay, have an AMD dual core processor, running it on Vista. 1.6 Ghz, 1GB RAM, Geforce Go videocard, notebook, etc.

Cannot seem to fix this basic problem:

Perhaps 50-75% of the time, in short 15 second intervals, the game switches from running at normal speed to exactly half speed. Chatbar is at normal speed (get hit and get the messages at the same rate), but song bar is at half. Bard songs ALWAYS seem to "go off" with the UI bar showing half the time remaining (that's how I know it is exactly half speed). Models run at half speed, and I run at half speed, making my selos make me run at normal speed =/ Then, it will return to normal and rapidly alternate back and forth. Changing compatibility mode does not work. Set affinity does not work. Reinstalling updated drivers does not work. Fresh install does not work. Changing CPU throttling does not seem to be an option, as when I right click on desktop, there is no "Properties" in the menu (only "Personalize"). I am at my wits end and have tried a great deal.

Odd thing is that this game used to work on this notebook about a year ago, but--I did get many of my computer parts replaced at the shop, and I may have been using XP at that time.

Interestingly, I did benchmarks, and they all came back normal except the RAM test. RAM allocation in large quantities seems to be going at about half the speed of comparable note, but is normal at all other quantities. Most standard benchmarks give me a high benchmark on RAM, however. I have the notorious tendency to overanalyze, especially if I get stuck in a rut. So it probably is a non-issue.

Please help.