View Single Post
Old 12-18-2022, 12:44 AM
ValKillmore
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahosphat View Post
I don't think you realize the undertaking that you're proposing. To do a completely custom server, let alone a semi custom server takes a lot of time and dedication. There's plenty of good ideas out there but a few that can execute on those ideas.

Question is, an EQ wow.. why not just play wow? And the mechanics would be extremely hard to pull off. I'd love to see it though.

Minimalist server.. I guess is fine. But what's the point you take every stat, heavy value divided by whatever and you get your minimalist server..

Curious what others say.

You underestimate my power?! (lol), nah I get what it takes to do a completely custom server, i guess i should have stated in the beginning, i have a server up that me and my friends play on thats pretty heavily customized, we dont wanna release it to the public because everyone on it start at gm levels to spawn certain events or skip events and what not its pretty custom, we have custom classes, stats, spells scaled by stats, things like that so we have the knowledge of HOW to do it, and an understanding on HOW LONG it takes to put a project out, we just want an idea of what people thought of doing on of those servers, no point in doing a server if people are like; 'That idea is stupid as aids.' -- see what i mean?

obviously it would not be like Ragnoros do this, and stuff it would be wow tied into eq and eq tied into wow a lot of what wow does is impossible to do with an old client like eq, i know some of the limitations of the client but like having the same idea of spells every 2 levels (rank spells), damage range like normal eq, and other things like that just seems... fun, i dont know, call me strange.

Exactly! All the server I've played on, the Custom ones, I get to like 1.2 million hp (Obviously not an exact number, just giving an example), and do 9234782935723523985 damage a hit, and i think thats stupid to be frank 'cause theres a cap that you can hit and eventually you will hit it so if you do a minimalist server, think of how far you can go t100 only offering 1300 hp (13 items x 100 hp) you can just keep going and that t100 toon could just walk through t1 - 80 probably with little to no problems, see i think that would be fun i mean im honestly partial to 'you get gear you get more powerful' i like that feeling but even on a minimal server you would feel more powerful when you got more gear, id feel....

anyway! I'm super interested in opinions!