Thread: Merchant Bug
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

I'll try to remember to take a look at it. At the moment I'm working on adding user-settable keybindings, which is more work than one might think. There's a ton of infrastructure that I've had to add to get it all to work, but it's almost there now. Expect a release this weekend. Then I'm considering making the / commands localizable, but I'll try to remember to try buying something from a merchant while I'm testing. I suspect it's a database issue, but you never know. I've been dead wrong with my hunches before.

In case anyone's been keeping count, no, I haven't released the source yet, and I think I'd prefer to release it only to Scorp for the time being. Maybe he'll let Richardo have a peek or maybe not, it's up to him, if and when we ever get a private SVN up. And cole, in case you're wondering, I've been ignoring you. I don't consider it my place to ask people to be banned as I'm not always present (unless they're obvious spammers), but someone somewhere has saw fit to ban you a good half dozen times in the last couple of weeks, and frankly when I see someone continually create one identity after another after being banned, that just rubs me the wrong way and sends my mistrust-o-meter off into the red zone. I don't want to be the sole person working on this anymore but I simply don't trust you. I trust Scorp implicitly, so I think I'm going to start with him (or anyone he designates, if he gets back to me -- hint, hint) and then we'll see how things progress. I'm toying with the idea of converting more parts of the code to DLL's that can be opened up, but that sort of thing takes redesign and, put simply, time. Whatever gets opened up, feel free to mod it as you wish, but I've decided to proceed cautiously for now. I WANT to open the source, at least as much as possible, but I have to balance that against what are possibly legitimate server op issues.