View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 11:19 PM
RichardoX
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Is TZ/VZ really down for good, or is it just while they work out their hacker issues? If there are issues with the EQEmu code, maybe them starting a thread here could help to find a resolution to it. If they are susceptible to a hacker issue, we probably all are.

I really have no clue how TZ/VZ management deals with most of it's player-base. Every time they are down, I get clowns on my server stopping by to stir shit up for no reason. There is definitely a different attitude that comes with being from a PVP server that isn't the type of attitude I allow on my server. Hopefully someone will get a PVP server up soon to attract the PVP types
I found out why it went down. Gronkus (their host) was apparently a player in the game as well. Well, the developers of the server deemed it necessary to ban Gronkus (their Host) for unknown reasons. Gronkus did not like this and I think you can figure out what happened next. It is an unfortunate truth that VTZ is no longer a hosted server. I am sure Voidd or Null will revive the project but until then, I'd consider this a hiatus more than a 'dead server'.

I hope this informs the uninformed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naes View Post
They said they're aware of a half dozen or so hacks that can crash player clients and zones. It wasn't until guilds started using them in mass PvP that they took the server down.
Yeah, things did really get out of hand. It's a damn shame.