View Single Post
Old 08-10-2014, 07:35 PM
knowom
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonstar55 View Post
The stuff Zaela is working on is super cool!
Exactly I'm particularly enthusiastic about zone importer it's very close to the tool I've been dreaming about ever since I got my hands wet with zone texture modification if not a little more grand actually.

It's basically the perfect solution to a problem that was difficult to work around how to make custom game graphics for EQ w/o copyright getting in the way of sharing them. This extends to beyond just zone importer, but pretty much all of the tools Zaela's been working on.

I know that Zaela wasn't thrilled or excited about the prospects of a tool for zone customization initially doesn't mince words like I said earlier haha, but I think the gentle nudge by Akkadius helped somewhat reluctantly change that view point for the better and benefit of all of us. Zaela may still not be overly fond of it in all honesty, but if that's the case hopefully we can do things to slowly change that.

I think Zaela may be a little uncertain on the scope of usage it's receiving and will receive moving forward perhaps which I don't think will be immediate, but will gradually over time take place and hopefully add up upon itself. Some of us myself included aren't knowledgeable programmers, but could make much more use of these tools than we probably would or could in coding related stuff. This is a positive thing for the community in that sense and gives us new and exciting stuff as well that will be and feel different which we can look forward to. Rome wasn't built in a day.

I still can't wait to see the new changes to Akkadius/Trevius EoC project when they are released. A few snippets details have been leaked dropped released on what's being worked on by Akkadius and it's very promising and in conjunction with Zaela's custom graphics tool set the future looks bright.