View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 09:19 AM
GlassDeviant
Sarnak

Unfortunately, when I set the affinity to a single core, EQ exits with a resetdevice() error that blacks the screen out and somehow manages to block the Task Manager from the foreground. I didn't think that was even possible in Windows 10, with Microsoft's draconian level of control over the OS. I regret ever upgrading to Win10, but my new hardware doesn't have Win7 drivers. If I didn't need it for certain games I'd be on Ubuntu by now.

I'll give that script a try, prestanneth, thanks. I'm pretty new here, whereabouts do I drop that script? My server is in c:\games\everquest\eqemuserver\ so my first guess would be c:\games\everquest\eqemuserver\quests\gfaydark

(writing as I explore the tree)

I don't have a file for him, so I copied Guard_Crystalwind.pl, left in her combat comment ("time to die $name"), and added your code after a blank line. Should work, eh?

Edit: Is there a keyword for gender, so that male characters get "let him pass" and female characters get "let her pass"?

Edit 2: Even stranger, now I can't exit the client even without starting it with affinity, without getting a black screen. I suspect it's due to disabling turbo in the BIOS as it's the only other thing I changed. Going to be testing all day now I suppose. Remember when we just played games?

Edit 3: So the script works great, but I don't get any list, I am just ported right up to the top of the lift by the town crier when I click the pinklink, but this is fine by me as it gets what I needed done. Thanks!