View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 08:32 PM
mongor
Fire Beetle

Unhappy Been a few years

It's been a few years since I been on this site. Now that all my kids are all grown and moved out, I decided I might enjoy playing Everquest again. Jeesh! a lot has changed. I noticed you all have new ways of playing this. I used to be able to make my own server and play god. Was most fun! I have searched all over the forums to get what I need to be able to do it again.

What I used to have was axclassic peq setup. It was from what I remember a complete package and had step by step instructions. I have downloaded and installed the new eqemu setup. Pretty nice! when it was done I could quickly log in and join already created servers.

That's fine but that's now what I wanted. I want my own private play place. Preferably offline. I want to play god. lol. I am exhausted searching, reading, clicking on dead links, etc. I noticed in this new package there is a MariaDB. that's different. Anyways, is there a complete setup package that will pretty much get me going? I am old man now and my brain isn't being cooperative with all these changes and hoop jumping. Unless I totally missing something, it seemed to be easier setting up back then. Only had to do a couple things. Minilogin, eqhost, and something else. Maybe it's been so long I forgot how much work is involved? lol!

Sorry for the nooby whines, but I been banging my head on this for couple days. Thanks! I hope this was ok to post here. Not sure where to post.