Thread: Aggro
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 10:13 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Thinking about taunt button more, I think this was primarily an issue as SK/PAL though, warriors had a higher level skill cap of taunt and also earlier levels exclusively relied on taunt button to keep a mob at check. Perhaps look at the skill cap difference of an SK/PAL vs War, and make a % chance of failure based on War's skill level vs. his base level as a "80% gauge formula", and decrease it for each level above the war he tries to taunt, and same with SK/PAL they would have a handicap built into it.. They should be relying on their terror lines and stuns more often.

So a level 30 Warrior with taunt maxxed taunts a lvl 1-32 mob, he has a 80% chance of successful hatelist modification. A level 30 SK/PAL vs. 1-28 mob has the same 80% chance, but 29+ it is reduced a percentage each level. This would make you have to rely more on casting spells to maintain hate, which I personally think is more realistic to live.

This is without looking at the source for aggro, perhaps this is already implement in some form. ^^;

I think Divine Arbitration and the 1.5/2.0 shield clicky are also not generating enough hate, though I could be wrong at them generating any.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com