View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 02:03 AM
knowom
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadedspirit View Post
Neato, thanks !

Trying to think if I want to set my own server up or not and work on it over time.

Couple more things though....

How hard is it to add new races to the global set? I just found one that has added like 138 races or so from the monster pool. However, most of them are pretty lame :P.

Was wondering if it was possible to say....add gnolls from BlackBurrow as a choosable race once you get in the game? Obviously the issue is that the way EQ used to work is that you could only have X number of global mob skins due to how it was designed.

Has that changed?

My idea:
-Add a couple basic new races, such as Gnolls, Goblins, Kobolds, Orcs, and otters.

-Allow anyone to become any race they want with any class they want (only possible at character creation!)

-1.25x normal experience

-Either a progression unlock or a normal server with Classic, Kunark, Velious, and PoP unlocked from start.

-Spawn times reduces for major mobs to 1/4th of their normal timers. In other words a Raid boss that takes 24hrs to respawn will only take 6hrs .

-Doubled drop-rate of items. (ie: FBSS will drop in every 10kills rather than 20kills on average).

The purpose of the server would be to harken back to "like live" old-school days, but with the idea that people have jobs/kids now and cannot play for 20hr playsessions at a time anymore . Also, I've just always wanted to play a gnoll magician !
Chetari + Burynai + Otter = Redwall! FYI Burynai aggro radius should be zone wide because let's face it Honey badger dgaf and eats everything!